Susan Hill, C J Sansom and Sophie Hannah have all been longlisted for the Crime Writers' Association (CWA)'s Dagger in the Library 2011.
Sponsored by Random House Group, the Dagger is awarded to an author for a body of work, with writers nominated by UK libraries and readers' groups and judged by a panel of librarians.
Other authors on the 16-strong list include Mo Hayder, Philip Kerr and Peter James. The shortlist will be announced at the CWA reception at CrimeFest on 20th May, with the winner, along with the CWA's other Daggers, revealed at the Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate on 22nd July.
The CWA's Daggers celebrate the best in crime and thriller writing.
The longlist in full:
S J Bolton ( Bantam Press, Transworld)
William Brodrick (Little, Brown Book Group)
R J Ellory (Orion)
Jason Goodwin (Faber)
Elly Griffiths (Quercus)
Sophie Hannah (Hodder & Stoughton)
John Harvey (William Heinemann)
Mo Hayder (Bantam Press, Transworld)
Susan Hill (Vintage)
Graham Hurley (Orion)
Peter James (Macmillan)
Philip Kerr (Quercus)
Phil Rickman (Quercus/Corvus)
C J Sansom (Macmillan)
Andrew Taylor (Penguin)
L C Tyler (Macmillan)
- Hill, Cleeves, Billingham on Dagger in the Library longlist
- Hill, Thompson and Blake 'art' go under the hammer for charity
- Hill, Wright, Rutherford and Pavey go head to head in Cross Sports Book Awards
- GollanczFest returns with Hill, Aaronovitch and Harris
- Hill, Carty-Williams and Malcolm get h100 nods