Scholastic is to release a new set of illustrated books for children and adult fans, based on the TV series "Friends", in partnership with Warner Bros.
The first book in the set will be a picture book, Life is Better with Friends by Micol Ostow, illustrated with images by Keiron Ward in the chibi style (a stylised form of character drawing). It will be in published in October, and is being released following "Friends: The Reunion", which aired on Sky One in the UK and HBO Max in the US earlier this year,.
In November, The Official Friends Colouring Book, featuring 100 pictures filled with fan-favourite scenes, characters and quotes, will be released.
This will be followed in February 2022 with The Official Friends Quiz and Fill-In Book, which includes quizzes, images to draw, connect-the-dots, mazes and other activities.
Originally aired from 1994 to 2004, "Friends" became a pop-culture phenomenon and remains one of the most popular television series of all time. It has been translated into 26 languages in 200 territories and airs 110 times a day around the world.
- Sweet Cherry to release more in Geronimo Stilton series
- S&S Children's launches historical fiction stories series with Emma Carroll and illustrators
- S&S Children's sign four more in Supertato series
- T&H to publish 'love letter' to Amy Winehouse, curated by close friend
- Lollies to go ahead this year, Scholastic confirms