Novelist Val McDermid and Baroness Valerie Amos, the Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, will be among the speakers at the memorial service for crime writer Ruth Rendell next week.
They will be joined by Penguin Random House UK chair Gail Rebuck and actor Christopher Ravenscroft, who played DI Burden in ITV series "The Ruth Rendell Mysteries".
PRH has confirmed that over 200 people are expected to attend Ruth Rendell’s memorial service next week.
Baroness Rendell died in early May, after falling ill in January this year. Her final novel, Dark Corners, is published today (22nd) by Hutchinson.
The service takes place at 2.30pm on Thursday 29th October at All Saints, Margaret Street, London W1.
Those wishing to attend should contact email@example.com
Picture: Jerry Bauer
- Lit fest The Coast is Queer returns in 2021 with Stuart and McDermid
- Ruth Rendell 'critical' in hospital following stroke
- Theakstons shortlists J K Rowling and honours McDermid
- PRH launches virtual Penguin Talks series with Speakers for Schools
- PRH launches Tim Peake and Penguin Podcast skills for smart speakers