Independent publisher Chapterful has included a wheelchair option in its new personalised book.
Customers buying Where Next, Teddy? can ensure the main character is seated in a wheelchair, and personalise features such as name, hair colour and whether they wear glasses.
Louis Porter of Chapterful said: “We wanted to create a beautifully illustrated children’s book that puts the recipient right at the heart of the story. We want every child to feel represented so adding the option to include a wheelchair in the design was hugely important to us.”
Written by Emily Shore and illustrated by Hédi Fekete, Where Next, Teddy? Is an adventure story where the protagonist visits environments varying from the outer reaches of space to the depths of the sea. It is available via the company’s website and costs £16.95 for the soft-back, £21.95 for the hardback and £25.95 for a “deluxe” finish.
- Penguin to offer personalised kids books with new app
- Roald Dahl Estate partners with Lost My Name to offer personalised book
- Buyers back personalised picture book offering different pronouns
- Timbuktu announces Rebel Girls Chapter Book series on Lovelace and Walker
- Rebel Girls chapter book series launches