Jessica Kingsley Publishers (JKP) is launching a new podcast supporting the mental health of children and teens called "Our Kids in Mind".
The podcast will be available on Spotify, Apple, Podbean and other podcast platforms, hosted by clinical psychologists Bettina Hohnen and Jane Gilmour. It features guest appearances from some of JKP’s authors who work in the field of young people's mental health.
"Our Kids in Mind" launches alongside JKP’s new book How to Have Incredible Conversations with your Child, which provides structured conversations for adults on how to have more fulfilling chats with children. “'Our Kids in Mind' features discussion about the authors’ respective books and writing experiences as well as how parents, carers, teachers or youth workers can support young people’s mental wellbeing,” JKP said.
Episodes, released weekly every Thursday, will feature emotional wellbeing and creative ways to support young people, understanding trauma and stress using practical tools for families and organisations, thriving with neurodiversity, and navigating the teenage years, among other issues.
- JKP to publish autistic teen activist's 'inspiring guide to life'
- JKP, Sheldon and John Murray roll out video series to promote mental wellbeing
- Hachette Children's to publish graphic novel about mental health
- Michael O’Mara Books to publish men's mental health book with Mind
- JKP to publish letters from trans women