HarperCollins Germany is launching a children’s publishing programme with Carina Mathern at its helm.
It will be enhancing its existing YA list and adding a middle grade and picture book list. Mathern (pictured), currently editorial director of Verlag Friedrich Oetinger, will join as executive editor for Children’s Books and YA on 1st August to lead the programme.
Mathern spent more than eight years at Verlag Friedrich Oetinger, leading its programs for narrative children’s and young adult books, and published many bestselling titles.
“I am delighted that Carina is joining HarperCollins Germany,” said Ralf Markmeier, m.d. and publisher of HarperCollins Germany GmbH. “Carina’s great publishing knowledge in the area of children’s books, as well as her enthusiasm, will help us continue our growth.”
Mathern said: “I am thrilled to be joining HarperCollins Germany. This is an exciting opportunity to build a children’s programme with the support of Ralf and the great team.”
- HarperCollins marks 40 years of Brambly Hedge with publishing programme
- HCG and ITV Studios partner on 'Top Class' publishing programme
- Australian journalist's 'captivating' debut snapped up for HC's global programme
- Publishers praise 'productive' Sharjah book fair
- HarperCollins Children's launches app for Google Assistant