Faber Children’s will next month publish a picture book that was created to help parents get their children to sleep.
Dozy Bear and the Secret Sleep, written by Katie Blackburn and illustrated by Richard Smythe, is for “the desperate parents who fell upon The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Sleep” - the similar book published by Penguin Random House last year, according to Faber.
Blackburn said: “This book is born out of many a night of desperation and panic trying to get my own child to sleep, I really hope it helps parents everywhere.”
Publisher Leah Thaxton acquired world rights directly from the author.
- Faber Children's signs second Dozy Bear picture book
- Hodder Children's secures first Richard Adams picture book
- Francesca Simon to publish first picture book with Faber and Profile
- Riddell to publish book about his time as children's laureate
- Judith Kerr's next picture book based on author's ninth cat