Reading charity BookTrust is today (15th January) launching a £5,000 book prize to celebrate titles published for babies and children aged 0-5.
BookTrust c.e.o. Diana Gerald said: “We’re delighted to be launching a brand-new prize to help find wonderful books for young children. Sharing books with babies and young children is crucial to their development as readers. Our prize showcases great books with wide appeal and celebrates the joy of reading with under fives.”
The BookTrust Storytime Prize, launched with Youth Libraries Group, will promote the best books for sharing with young children, can be read multiple times, and that appeal to parents and carers.
BookTrust will choose a shortlist along with public librarians before revealing the six titles at the Hay Festival on 27th May. The winner will then be revealed at a ceremony in London in November.
Entries are now open and submissions must be first published between 1st March 2018 – 28 February 2019.
- Seven-strong shortlist for BookTrust Storytime Book Prize
- Matharu explores link between gaming and books in new BookTrust role
- Five contend for £5,000 Oscar's Book Prize
- Illustrators band together to celebrate Europe in new Scheffler book
- Igloo 'will reach £50m turnover in under five years', says Johnson