Zadie Smith is releasing her very first story collection with Hamish Hamilton next autumn: Grand Union.
The collection will contain 10 entirely new stories alongside 10 of what the publisher described as "her very best, drawn from two decades of remarkable short fiction".
Interweaving old and new and culminating with a longer piece - the title story, "Grand Union" - the collection as a whole is promised to offer "a wise, playful and richly varied portrait of the world as seen by the one and only Zadie Smith".
On Twitter, Hamish Hamilton's Simon Prosser, publishing director, shared the collection's "super fresh" cover, designed by Jonathan Gray.
Hamish Hamilton bought UK and Commonwealth rights from Georgia Garrett at RCW. The collection will be published on 3rd October, priced at £20.
- Gaiman, Smith and Ishiguro to feature in British short story anthology
- PRH to publish first all-female Doctor Who short story collection
- Chatto & Windus publish Emma Cline's first short story collection
- New novels from Ali Smith and Zadie Smith coming this year
- TV adaptation for Zadie Smith's Swing Time