Transworld has snapped up world rights for "RuPaul's Drag Race" winner Lawrence Chaney’s memoir, which will "delight and inspire readers."
Lawrence (Drag) Queen of Scots: The dos and don’ts of a drag superstar was acquired by Helena Gonda, commissioning editor at Transworld, from Adam Muddle, m.d. at Profile Talent UK. It will be published by imprint Bantam Press in hardback on 23rd September 2021.
The book follows Chaney's journey from growing up as "the gay class clown" and being bullied to finding an outlet in performance and drag, celebrating her "outer curves and inner beauty".
Gonda said: "I’m delighted to be working with Lawrence to share her story with the world. During her time on "Drag Race" we saw the full extent of her charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent, and the book will delight and inspire readers in equal measure. We couldn’t be prouder to be publishing Lawrence at Transworld."
Chaney added: "I am absolutely buzzing for everyone to read this book! It’s been so amazing to recall silly stories and funny moments I’ve had, as well as sharing what I’ve learnt in life already."
- Transworld wins seven-way auction for Sieghart book on women and authority
- Transworld wins auction for The Sober Girl Society Handbook
- Transworld scoops Telegraph's Cohen on female friendship
- Trade gets behind new Female Leadership in Publishing newsletter
- CIA analyst's debut to Transworld in 'breakneck' pre-empt