Tinder Press has won at auction Christina Patterson’s next book, Outside, the Sky is Blue: A Memoir of Faith, Hope and Loss.
Imogen Taylor at Tinder Press struck the deal for UK and Commonwealth rights from Sophie Lambert at C&W.
Taylor said she was "thrilled" to have secured the "truly wonderful" book, calling it "a beautifully drawn, heartbreaking yet also joyful and uplifting memoir of growing up, of living with mental ill-health and cancer, and of being the only one left of a family that had once had so much colour and life".
Patterson said: "I’m absolutely delighted to be working with Imogen and the team at Tinder Press on this book, which is so near to my heart. I’ve wanted to write this story for many years and I know it has found the right editor and home."
Lambert added: "Christina has poured so much into writing this; it is a joy to have found that passion matched by Imogen and the Tinder Press team who, I know, will do a magnificent job publishing this very beautiful book."
Tinder Press will publish in February 2022.
It follows Patterson's part memoir, part psychological enquiry, The Art of Not Falling Apart, which was published by Atlantic in 2018. In total through Nielsen BookScan she has sold 6,290 books for £66,222.
- Bloomsbury scoops psychosis memoir from Curtis Brown agent Catherine Cho
- Aurum swoops on Bourne-Taylor’s 'heartfelt' nature memoir
- HQ wins auction for Flynn's 'deliciously provocative' adult debut
- Orion acquires 'page-turner' debut by Smith in two-book pre-empt deal
- Pan Mac lands 'unforgettable' Laura Price debut