Bonnier Books UK has promoted Margaret Stead to publisher of Zaffre and upcoming literary imprint Manilla, with Matt Phillips moving up to become publisher of non-fiction imprints Blink and John Blake.
The newly created roles will see Stead lead Manilla, a new literary imprint named after Nedre Manilla villa in Stockholm, the home of the Bonnier family since 1909. The imprint is expected to be launched towards the end of the year.
Stead joined Zaffre as publishing director in August 2018, the latest move in a 20-year career that has taken in Harvill Press, Atlantic Books and Penguin Press. She has worked with authors including Henning Mankell, Richard Ford and Haruki Murakami.
Phillips has been publishing director of Blink for three years, joining the company from Penguin Random House’s sports imprint Yellow Jersey. His successes include the F2 football series, Jenson Button’s Life to the Limit and Break Point by Ollie Ollerton
Kate Parkin, m.d. of adult trade publishing, said: “I’m delighted to announce these well-deserved promotions. Both Matt and Margaret have made a huge contribution to the success of our publishing over the last year and I could not be more grateful to them for their support. I look forward to continuing to work with them closely to build on everything we have achieved together so far.”
- Heather Morris signs new two-book deal with Manilla Press
- Manilla signs memoir exploring womanhood and choice in Trump's America
- Promotions for Parkin, Harris and Horobin at Bonnier Books UK
- Bonnier triumphs in nine-way auction for 'defining' book on climate crisis
- Halls' next two books go to Zaffre with TV deal for The Familiars