Scholastic will this autumn publish a second children’s book by comedian Dara Ó Briain.
Secret Science: The Amazing World Beyond Your Eyes, due for publication in October, is about the science behind every day life. Illustrated by Dan Bramall, the book will explore questions such as ‘why do we move around so much in our sleep?’ and ‘why atoms are responsible for your bad hair day’.
Ó Briain’s first book Beyond the Sky was published last year and sold more than 35,000 copies in the UK and Ireland, according to Scholastic. The publisher signed the deal with the comedian in 2016, acquiring world rights from Damon Pettitt from Off the Kerb Productions.
Elizabeth Scoggins, publisher of non-fiction and licensing, said: “We’re delighted to be publishing Dara’s second children’s book. After the huge success of Beyond the Sky, it’s clear that Dara’s ability to turn his genuine passion for science into brilliant, laugh-out-loud writing will mean that Secret Science is sure to find an eager and enthusiastic audience this autumn.”
- Dara Ó Briain signs children's debut with Scholastic UK
- Scholastic to release 'genre-busting' Beetle Boy companion
- Faber Children's signs second Dozy Bear picture book
- O'Neill to release 'dazzling' feminist retelling of The Little Mermaid
- Five thousand signed book plates for 'La Belle Sauvage' released to indies