Weruche Opia, best known for her role in Michaela Coel’s BAFTA-winning series "I May Destroy You" will read the audiobook of the Nigerian essay collection Of This Our Country (The Borough Press) alongside fellow actor Oseloka Obi.
The collection features essays from 24 acclaimed and award-winning Nigerian writers including Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Okey Ndibe, Bolu Babalola and Inua Ellams. It will be published in the UK and Nigeria on 30th September 2021, in hardback, e-book and audio.
Ore Agbaje-Williams, editor at The Borough Press, and Nancy Adimora, talent and audience development manager at HarperCollins, who both edited the collection, said: "There was never any question that Of This Our Country would be narrated by Nigerians, and we can’t wait for people to listen to these exceptional Nigerian actors narrating such an important book, one that that speaks so powerfully to Nigeria."
Obi added: "I am extremely honoured to be reading the words of these eminent Nigerian writers. Despite the challenges our countries face, Nigerians and the Nigerian diaspora continue to have a growing cultural influence around the world and this text testifies to that."
- Adichie, Adebayo and Habila contribute to Borough Press Nigeria title
- Diversity in publishing: 'For change to take place, we need to get personal'
- Jai triumphs over 200 entries to win Borough and Good Literary Agency prize
- How to pitch a new project
- Borough Press pre-empts 'spectacular' Chukwu debut