Norton Young Readers, the children's imprint of W W Norton, will publish Every Night Is Pizza Night, a debut children's book from J Kenji López-Alt, author of The Food Lab. The book will be illustrated by Gianna Ruggiero.
Publishing director Simon Boughton acquired world rights from Vicky Bijur at Vicky Bijur Literary Agency (on behalf of the author) and Anne Moore Armstrong at The Bright Group (on behalf of the illustrator). The Norton Young Readers Imprints in the UK and US will publish the title on 15th September 2020.
Inspired by Kenji López-Alt's daughter's own relationship with food, Every Night Is Pizza Night will follow Pipo, who thinks pizza is the best food in the world. Pipo cooks and experiments with new foods from around the globe with her friends Eugene, Farah, Dakota, and Ronnie and Donnie to see if anything can beat pizza.
The book will also have a pizza recipe for readers to cook with their parents.
The Food Lab was published by W W Norton in 2015 and won a James Beard award and IACP Cookbook Award.
- The Bright Agency launches film and TV division
- Macmillan bags new Ladybird series book from Donaldson and Monks
- Hodder Children's to publish second title by Brittney Morris
- S&S to publish 'powerful, beautiful and personal' book from Tom Percival
- Zaffre lands 'feminist take on Regency romance' from Lex Croucher