The Book Trade Charity has announced it is sponsoring three places to The Bookseller’s Children’s Conference later this month to people who want to break into the industry.
The 180-year-old charity will buy three tickets to the conference, which is taking place on 24th September in London, for people who do not work in the book trade but are looking to move into publishing, bookselling or other book-related fields.
The Bookseller Children’s Conference is the UK’s biggest event of its kind for the children’s book industry, and this year’s speakers include Hanna Otero, David Fickling and Peter and Nicola Usborne. This year The Bookseller has launched a second stream, which will welcome speakers from related industries such as film, TV and gaming, with speakers such as Nigel Pickard and Games Workshop.
Anyone wishing to apply for a sponsored place should email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain, in no more than 200 words, about themselves and the impact attending the conference would have on their career.
Applications close this Friday, 14th September.
More information about the conference, including the complete programme, is available online.
- Last chance to book children’s conference tickets
- Bloody Scotland Festival to offer free tickets to unemployed
- Date for Bookseller Children’s Conference announced
- Lonely Planet, HarperCollins and Pullman to speak at The Bookseller Children’s Conference
- Pullman and Fickling to speak at The Bookseller Children’s Conference