Crime writing festival Bloody Scotland has partnered with Spanish counterpart Xabia Negra.
Taking place in Xabia in Spain between 3rd-5th November, the festival will host different cultural and tourist events related to crime, including a Bloody Scotland panel featuring Scottish crime writer Gordon Brown along with fellow writers Craig Robertson and Alexandra Sokoloff.
Brown, crime writer and one of the original board member of Bloody Scotland International Crime Writing Festival, orchestrated the partnership with the Spanish department of Culture and Tourism.
Xabia Negra is in its second year and has been created by the local departments of Culture and Tourism as "a way to explore new cultural experiences outside the summer season and to encourage and promote the crime genre in all its many guises".
Authors Robertson and Sokoloff were married in Los Angeles last week. The pair first met when Robertson travelled to Left Coast Crime in Colorado for Bloody Scotland.
- Welsh, Cleeves and Brookmyre on Bloody Scotland shortlist
- Craig Russell wins Scottish Crime Book of the Year
- Little, Brown has three on Scottish Crime Book longlist
- McDermid and Rankin compete with debuts on Scottish Crime Book of the Year longlist
- Harvill Secker launches BAME crime writing competition