Angry Robot has acquired Stringers, the second novel from Chris Panatier, author of The Phlebotomist, published by the press in 2020.
The publisher acquired world all language rights, including audio, from Hannah Fergessen at the K T Literary agency. Publication is slated for 8th February 2022.
Stringers will follow Ben, who isn’t a genius, but his brain is jam-packed with useless facts and information and he can't explain how he knows any of it. When he is abducted by an intergalactic bounty hunter, he learns he is a "stringer", someone who can glimpse into the past lives of those who occupied the same thread of consciousness. He also realises that he knows something that a certain alien species would kill to get their appendages on: the location of the Charm. With a a group of fellow escaped stringers, Ben vows to find the charm himself, before it is used to wipe out the galaxy.
Angry Robot editor Gemma Creffield commented: "It’s always such a pleasure to work with Chris. Everything about him shines through in his writing – his humor, his sensitivity and vivid imagination. I’m excited to get to know his new characters!”
“I am very excited to be working with the people at Angry Robot again,” said Panatier. “I hope that Stringers ends up being as funny as it sounds in my head.”
- Angry Robot to publish 'heart-stopping' novel from Thomson
- Angry Robot acquires 'horrifying and fascinating' debut from Calder Szewczak
- Angry Robot Books to publish debut inspired by Slavic folklore
- Angry Robot to publish debut novel by poet Caroline Hardaker
- Hodder Children's to publish second title by Brittney Morris