YA Book Prize 2020 shortlist competition - Terms and conditions
1. The organiser is: The Bookseller, Floor 10, Westminster Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP.
2. Employees of The Bookseller or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. To enter, simply post a question on Twitter for the YA Book Prize shortlisted authors, including the hashtag #YA10, from a public account.
5. One winner will be announced on every day of the live panels (Monday 25th May 2020, Tuesday 26th May 2020 and Wednesday 27th May 2020) and the winners will also be notified via Twitter.
6. Closing date for entry will be 4.59pm on Wednesday 27th May 2020.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The prize is 3 x a full set of the shortlisted books (The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta, Crossfire by Malorie Blackman, The Places I’ve Cried in Public by Holly Bourne, Meat Market by Juno Dawson, Furious Thing by Jenny Downham, Deeplight by Frances Hardinge, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, The Quiet at the End of the World by Lauren James, The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave and The Gifted, the Talented and Me by William Sutcliffe). Three winners will be chosen at random.
10. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. You are providing your information to The Bookseller and not to any other party. The information provided will be used for determining the competition winner. We will email all entrants after the winner has been chosen to give them the answers.
15. The competition is open to UK and Ireland residents only.
16. Minimum age for entry is 13 years old.