Welbeck has hired Lorraine Keating as head of children's marketing and PR.
Keating has worked in children's communications for more than 15 years with stints at Pan Macmillan and most recently Abrams and Chronicle.
Director Rob Cox, who was formerly a colleague of Keating at Pan Mac, commented: “It's such a pleasure to get to work with Lorraine again. Her dedication, creativity and author care are second to none, and we're all looking forward to having her as part of the team.”
Keating said: “I’m thrilled to be joining Rob and the team at Welbeck at such an exciting time for the business. I'm very much looking forward to working with my new colleagues on this innovative and creative list, delivering stand out campaigns and launching the new children's imprint Welbeck Editions this autumn. I can't wait to get started.”
Keating's appointment comes after Jane Harris was hired as group publisher for children's books.
- ITV’s Lorraine launches children’s writing comp
- Publishers should 'hire more BAME staff' to improve representation in children’s books
- Welbeck to publish 'pulse-pounding and fearless' debut
- Macmillan Children's hires Pearson and Timms as publishing directors
- Bloomsbury hires new head of Harry Potter publishing