Welbeck has appointed Josalyn Moran, formerly of Barnes & Noble, as its director of business development for children's books, North America.
Most recently senior director for children's books at the US chain, Moran has worked in publishing and book retailing for more than 25 years. She has headed children's teams at Golden Books, NorthSouth Books, Chronicle and Albert Whitman. She also served as editorial director of the Scholastic Book Clubs.
Welbeck executive director Marcus Leaver, who set up the publisher with Mark Smith in 2019, said: “Mark and I are excited to add Josalyn’s considerable experience to our team. I am delighted to be working with Josalyn again and hope this is the beginning of an exciting new endeavour.”
Moran added: “This is such an exciting opportunity. My goal has always been to put more books in kids’ hands and I’m looking forward to doing just that at Welbeck.”
- UK publishers apply for offices in Sharjah's Publishing City
- Kids' books surge 'could cause problems' for China's publishers
- Murray Hill calls for publishers to be 'agents of social change'
- Welbeck Children's Books appoints Hope as art director
- Hachette appoints Rockett as education publishing director