Ruby Wax, Simon Schama and the former governor of the Bank of England, Mark Carney, are among authors who will be appearing at Peters Fraser + Dunlop's virtual Frankfurt Book Fair event.
#MeettheAuthors will give editors, scouts and subagents the opportunity to interact with the authors directly and to ask questions about their forthcoming titles.
War reporter Christina Lamb will discuss her new work, Our Bodies, Their Battlefield (William Collins), alongside Wax's self-help guide, And Now For The Good News: To The Future With Love (Penguin Life), and Schama's Return of the Tribes (Simon & Schuster).
The line-up will also include debut writers Charlotte Fox Weber, an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor, and artist and historian Aanchal Malhotra.
The event will take place ahead of the book fair week, running from the 5th to 9th of October. There will also be a special event of children’s authors featuring Lisa Thompson, as well as talks celebrating the PFD estates list, which includes Georges Simenon.
- Digital opportunities pave way for mergers and acquisitions, Frankfurt fair hears
- Frankfurt expects 1,500 exhibitors with 60 publishers from US and UK
- Bookshop.org kicks off virtual events programme with Ishiguro
- 'People are angry and polarised,' say c.e.o.s at FBF
- Reeve and McIntyre to launch virtual bookshop tour