Ruby Wax, Simon Schama and the former governor of the Bank of England, Mark Carney, are among authors who will be appearing at Peters Fraser + Dunlop's virtual Frankfurt Book Fair event.
#MeettheAuthors will give editors, scouts and subagents the opportunity to interact with the authors directly and to ask questions about their forthcoming titles.
War reporter Christina Lamb will discuss her new work, Our Bodies, Their Battlefield (William Collins), alongside Wax's self-help guide, And Now For The Good News: To The Future With Love (Penguin Life), and Schama's Return of the Tribes (Simon & Schuster).
The line-up will also include debut writers Charlotte Fox Weber, an integrative psychotherapist and counsellor, and artist and historian Aanchal Malhotra.
The event will take place ahead of the book fair week, running from the 5th to 9th of October. There will also be a special event of children’s authors featuring Lisa Thompson, as well as talks celebrating the PFD estates list, which includes Georges Simenon.
- 'People are angry and polarised,' say c.e.o.s at FBF
- Jacaranda and Andersen Press team up for Black History month author event
- The industry must return to its sustainability initiatives, says Halls
- Stratford-upon-Avon festival hosts Lee Child event ahead of biography launch
- PA and Pearson join Creative Industries Trade Advisory Group