Waterstones’ Kate Skipper has been promoted to director of buying at the chain.
Previously Waterstones’ head of buying, Skipper takes on a management executive role working on the company’s wider strategy, as well as managing the chain’s central buying activities.
Skipper said: “It is an amazing job. I get out of bed every day excited about my job and I know there aren’t many people who can say that, so I feel very lucky.”
Skipper joined Waterstones from WHS Travel in 2008 as children’s buyer, and became head of buying at the chain soon after James Daunt was appointed as m.d.
- Waterstones' Skipper: 'We have turned a corner'
- Cox to cover Skipper's leave at Waterstones
- Waterstone's: what the media said in the wake of Johnson's departure
- The success of Britain's biggest retailer is not all bad news for the specialists like Waterstone's
- Waterstone's 'flexible' rebrand to reclaim the high street