Independent publisher Walker Books saw its sales increase in 2015, according to financial accounts filed on Companies House.
The group, which is part of the Walker Group along with Candlewick Press in the US and Walker Books Australia, saw sales grow 3.5% in the year ending 31st December 2015 compared to the year previously.
The company attributed the increase in turnover to growth in the overseas market.
During the same period operating profit fell marginally to £1.36m from £1.39m, but after taxation profit amounted to £1.6m, up from £815,000 in 2014.
The directors said the operating profit and the affairs of the group in 2015 were “satisfactory”.
- Nine children’s publishers sign up to increase reach of McKearney’s Empathy Day
- Walker's turnover and operating profit soar
- Walker saw turnover and operating profit rise in record 2019
- 'JK Rowling's Wizarding World' interactive series to Walker Books
- Haynes hails third successive year of growth as turnover increases 7%