Virago is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its pop-culture classic Valley of the Dolls in June by bringing out a new, pink-paged anniversary edition.
The special 50th anniversary edition by Jacqueline Susann comes complete with a brand new cover (black with cascading pink tablet-like polka dots) and pink-edged pages.
Susann's Valley of the Dolls sold over 40m copies in 30 languages and held the number 1 spot on The New York Times bestseller list for 28 weeks when it published as a frank take on sex, drugs and show business. Its story follows three beautiful women in New York who become friends when they are young and struggling to make it in entertainment. Only when they reach the pinnacle of their careers do they find there is nowhere left to go but down - to the Valley of the Dolls.
Virago Modern Classics designer hardback and merchandise, a notebook and mug, are also available, designed by the founder of Biba, Barbara Hulanicki.
The book will be released on 30th June in paperback, priced £9.99.
- FCBG marks 50th anniversary with three Children’s Laureates
- Gollancz celebrates Rivers of London 10th anniversary with special editions
- Blackstaff celebrates 50th anniversary with McKay's 'valiant' Protestant testimony
- HarperCollins Children's to publish When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit 50th anniversary edition
- Man Booker Prize prepares 50th anniversary celebrations