The Bodley Head has appointed Will Hammond as editorial director.
Hammond is currently commissioning editor at Viking, where he has worked since 2007.
While at Viking he has published non-fiction titles including Great Britain’s Great War by Jeremy Paxman, and Creation by Adam Rutherford, which was today shortlisted for the Wellcome Book Prize 2014.
Hammond, who will start at The Bodley Head on April 28th, said: “I feel very fortunate indeed to be joining Bodley Head, with its stellar roster of authors and its reputation for the very best in non-fiction.
“It is a great privilege to work with such world-class writers and thinkers, alongside the extremely talented team at Vintage.”
Stuart Williams, publishing director of The Bodley Head, said: “I couldn't be more pleased to welcome Will to the team. At Viking he has published original and distinguished non-fiction with success and panache, and I'm already looking forward to the books he will bring to the Bodley Head list, and to Vintage.”
- Bodley Head pre-empts investigation into Britain's 'new politics'
- Bodley Head buys Caro's interviewing 'masterclass'
- Bodley Head pre-empts Ed Miliband's book on 'radical ideas to remake the country'
- Bodley Head signs 'Freakonomics-style' peer-reviews exposé
- Bodley Head praises 'rich time' for non-fiction