Sheffield-based adventure publisher Vertebrate has signed Rachel Ann Cullen’s Running For Our Lives, a “powerful” book about how running can help ordinary people to overcome struggles and challenges in their lives.
Commissioning editor Kirsty Reade signed world rights from Jo Bell of Bell Lomax Moreton, for publication in April 2022.
The blurb explains: “In discovering the life-changing potential of running and the positive effect of it on mental health for herself, as described in her first book Running For My Life (Blink), Rachel found a hugely supportive community of runners with their own inspirational stories to tell. Running For Our Lives shares these important stories, alongside Rachel’s own, showing the power of sport to transform lives.”
Reade said: “We’re really excited to be working with Rachel Ann Cullen on Running For Our Lives because the powerful stories Rachel shares showcase the power of running to change lives. The runners featured have faced great adversity in their lives but the narrative is one of hope and inspiration.”
- HCG triumphs at auction for Faturoti's middle-grade debut
- Puffin scoops 'heartwarming' picture book on wellbeing by Morrisroe and Okstad
- HarperCollins Children’s Books scoops 'exquisite' Jeffers picture book
- Kyle to publish debut from hosts of 'Things You Can’t Ask Yer Mum' podcast
- Michael O’Mara to publish 'revealing' diary of a headteacher from Smith