An E L James book to help aspiring writers record their "innermost thoughts" - Fifty Shades of Grey: Inner Goddess (A Journal) - will be released by US publisher Vintage on 1st May.
According to Publishers Lunch, the title is described as a "collaboration between James and her US publisher", and will be a "bonded-leather softcover journal" offering "readers and aspiring writers a place where they can record their innermost thoughts". The book has a foreword by James, excerpts from the Fifty Shades books, writing tips, a writing playlist, and blank lined pages for writing.
E L James's editor Anne Messitte at Vintage/Anchor said: "As E L James travelled and met with her readers, there was a great curiosity about how she got started writing. Her personal story as a writer is inspirational to many women, and journaling has been an important part of her creative process from the start."
Vintage is planning an initial print run of 125,000 copies.
At the time of writing, Cornerstone, James' UK publisher, was unavailable for comment.
- Aster to publish 'focus journal' for better mornings
- Book Pitch Doctor charity masterclass for SYP publishers
- Self-published writer in line for PEN/Ackerley
- Bookouture publishing exec launches workshops for under-represented writers
- English PEN publishes international festival guidelines for writers