Two Roads is to publish a book reimagining the lives of three women from the Vanderbilt family.
Publisher Lisa Highton bought UK rights for the currently untitled book by Therese Anne Fowler from Jenny Meyer on behalf of Wendy Sherman.
The book will “take readers from the extravagant world of the newly rich robber barons from the Gilded Age to the Jazz Age”.
It will follow three women from the famous moneyed American family – Alva, Gertrude and Gloria Morgan – as each “ascends the social ladder in her respective enclave of Manhattan".
Fowler is the author of Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald (Two Roads).
St Martin’s Press will publish in the US.
- Walker Books acquires 'wonderful' middle-grade novel about two autistic friends
- Pan Mac acquires four for its biz and science list
- Black & White acquires book about Celtic women trailblazers from Mairi Kidd
- Two Roads acquires series behind BBC Radio 4 drama 'McLevy'
- Two Roads acquires The Anxiety Survival Guide