Two Granta titles have been shortlisted for the inaugural Thwaites Wainwright Prize for UK nature and travel writing (£5,000), run by Frances Lincoln in association with the National Trust.
Badgerlands by Patrick Barkham and Field Notes from a Hidden City by Esther Woolfson are joined on the shortlist by Robert Macfarlane’s The Old Ways (Penguin), Simon Armitage’s Walking Home (Faber), Charlotte Higgins’ Under Another Sky (Jonathan Cape) and Hugh Thomson’s The Green Road into the Trees (Windmill).
Tony Maher of Stanfords and The Bookseller’s Nigel Roby are among the judges.
- Jonathan Cape nets two titles on Wainwright Prize shortlist
- H is for Hawk shortlisted for Thwaites Wainwright Prize
- Usborne acquires David Farr's 'extraordinary' debut children's title in two-book deal
- Puffin signs two-book deal for Smith's first solo titles
- Lewis-Stempel wins Thwaites Wainwright Prize