Waterstones has revealed its summer Book Club titles, which include the club’s first reissued title and its first collection of short stories.
Our Spoons Came from Woolworths by Barbara Comyns (Virago), first published in 1950, will be promoted through the Book Club in store and online from 4th July.
Waterstones fiction buyer Chris White said: “Our Spoons Came from Woolworths may have been written over half a century ago, but is written with such a fresh and vibrant voice that it could have been published this month.”
Meanwhile, Binocular Vision by Edith Pearlman (Pushkin Press) is the first collection of short stories to make one of the 10 book club titles and includes three exclusive short stories especially for the retailer.
The other summer titles are Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead (Blue Door); Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple (Phoenix); Patrick Leigh Fermor by Artemis Cooper (John Murray); The Honey Guide by Richard Crompton (Phoenix); The Plantagenets by Dan Jones (William Collins); Unexpected Lessons in Love by Bernardine Bishop (John Murray); Penelope by Rebecca Harrington (Virago); and The Collini Case by Ferdinand Von Schirach (Michael Joseph).
- Myriad has two on Authors Club Best First Novel shortlist
- Richard Osman to write two more Thursday Murder Club books for Viking
- Desai shortlisted for Authors' Club's Best First Novel Award
- Spufford on shortlist for Authors’ Club Best First Novel Award 2017
- 'Good first weekend' for Kindles at Waterstones