Mental health and wellbeing publisher Trigger Publishing has acquired its first book on pregnancy from consultant midwife Sian Warriner and children’s mindfulness author Mark Pallis.
Publisher Jo Lal acquired world English language rights to How to Have a Mindful Pregnancy and Birth: 30 Simple Ways to Connect with Your Baby and Your Body, from James Spackman at the bks literary agency. The book will be published in July 2021.
The book aims to help parents develop a set of "simple yet hugely powerful skills that can transform the emotional experience and wellbeing of parents and baby during pregnancy and birth".
Warriner is an associate of the Oxford Mindfulness Centre, where she teaches Mindfulness Based Childbirth. She is also a consultant midwife at the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, where she leads the NHS MBCP antenatal education programme and research.
Co-author Pallis began practising mindfulness in 2015 and is author of a number of children’s books that focus on mindfulness such as Crab and Whale (Mindful Storytime Press, 2018).
Lal commented: "This is a book for anyone whether they are familiar with mindfulness or not. I love the simplicity of the exercises and it is the perfect first parenting book for Trigger’s expanding wellbeing list."
- Monoray acquires 'inspiring' memoir of child who survived Auschwitz
- Buster Books acquires Jess French's mindfulness-inspired picture book
- Quercus acquires 'provocative' 28-day guide to anti-racism
- Century to publish Mind Geek's 'practical guide to a fulfilled life'
- Penguin Life to publish guide to 'guilt-free' pregnancy and birth