Literary agent Simon Trewin has partnered with Writing.ie—a resource site for unpublished authors—to launch a weekly one-hour show on Facebook Live.
Appearing on Facebook Live this afternoon (27th March) in interview with Vanessa Fox O'Loughlin, the founder of Writing.ie, Trewin said he was keen to dispell the preconception that publishing is an industry that requires "authors to know the secret handshakes", live in Hampstead and have been to Oxford to get in".
The show will feature "top tips, authors and editor guests and an opportunity for unpublished writers to ask all those questions that they haven’t dared ask before", according to Trewin, who said, "the lockdown seemed the perfect time to help people accelerate their creativity".
Interested writers are encouraged to either like Writing.ie's Facebook page or sign up to the organisation's newsletter at www.writing.ie, or to Trewin's own website mailing list at www.simontrewin.co.uk, to be notified of the next episode.
The current episode, focusing on the publishing ecosystem and how potential new authors fit into it, is now available.
- Rise of 'hybrid authors' as writers buy back their rights
- Society of Authors Scotland to host writing event with Creative Scotland funding
- Pan Mac partners with Quick Reads 'to help vulnerable mothers'
- ICM Partners joins forces with Curtis Brown Creative for writing course
- Bluebird partners with Twitter on authors' food tour