Ellie Levenson, author and owner of Fisherton Press, has launched online poetry project PoetryGeneration.
Levenson was inspired to launch the site after her four-year-old last week wanted to hear his grandma read him a poem as she normally does, but was unable to because of social-distancing practices.
Each day, PoetryGeneration features a video of an older person in isolation owing to Covid-19 reading a poem. The aim is to "keep older people visible in a positive light and to create a free library of people for everyone to enjoy."
The site garnered some attention from actor and former "Time Team" presenter Tony Robinson, who has made a video for Monday 6th April. Robinson will be doing a 20- minute rendition of Goblin Market, as well as a short introduction to the poem.
Other readers include poets Ruth Padel and Bernard O'Donoghue and biographer Lyndall Gordon.
- Summer Reading Challenge to launch with virtual event
- The Reader receives £107k Children in Need funding for Liverpool reading project
- BA and Egmont fund reading project for reluctant readers
- Pan Mac acquires Tony Robinson's autobiography
- Blackadder actor brands Bristol councillors 'stupid' over library cuts