Amazon imprint Thomas & Mercer has snapped up a psychological suspense debut by author Daisy Pearce in a two-book deal.
World English rights were acquired from Catherine Cho at Curtis Brown for In the Dark to be published in print, ebook, and audio in spring 2020 followed by a second untitled novel later that year.
"In The Dark is a chilling psychological suspense about monsters that lurk in plain sight. When former child TV star, Stella Wiseman, encounters Marco – an older man she met previously in a nightclub – her 30-something life is fraying," the synopsis reads. "In despair over her father’s sudden illness, she is only too grateful when he sweeps into her life, wealthy and assured, and deals with everything she thinks she can’t face. But even the kindest strangers can be dangerous when your life is at its lowest ebb."
Editor at Thomas & Mercer Jane Snelgrove said: “I will never forget reading the thrilling denouement of In the Dark, Daisy Pearce’s highly accomplished psychological suspense debut. It was one of those rare moments where everything disappears around you as you chase the words across the page. I am so looking forward to working with Daisy on her gripping and atmospheric suspense novels.”
- Thomas & Mercer signs two-book deal with Dreda Say Mitchell and Tony Mason
- Avon to publish Goodwin's 'heart-stopping' debut in two-book deal
- HC snaps up Clarke's 'killer' thriller in two-book deal
- Hodder pre-empts 'compelling' debut from Cooper in two-book deal
- 'Biggest-selling' self-published book of 2016 lands Amazon deal