Thomas & Mercer, an imprint of Amazon Publishing, has signed a two-book deal with writing partners Dreda Say Mitchell and Tony Mason.
The publisher acquired world English language rights for two psychological thrillers direct from the authors. The first book will be released in winter 2021 and the second will follow in autumn 2022.
The first title will feature a young mixed-race woman, Sarah, who decides to seek out her past in the hope of finding her real family. Finally, she finds herself inside her mother’s house, only to discover that the inside is the most dangerous place to be.
The second book follows the story of young couple Julie and Tom, who enjoy weekend escapes to Tom’s family’s picturesque holiday home on the Sussex coast. Julie discovers that despite its beautiful exterior, the old house is more than a family heirloom as it holds secrets more terrible than either of them understand.
Jack Butler, senior editor at Thomas & Mercer, said: “We are over the moon to be welcoming Dreda and Tony to the Thomas & Mercer list. They have achieved phenomenal success with their trademark blend of psychological thrills, domestic suspense and utterly relatable social issues. We are incredibly excited to introduce these prescient, highly relevant books to their readers.”
Mitchell and Mason previously co-wrote Spare Room (Bloodhound Books, 2019).
- Thomas & Mercer snaps up 'gripping' debut in two-book deal
- Driscoll signs new two-book deal with Amazon Publishing
- Walker Books signs two-book deal with creative duo Andy Jones and Olaf Falafel
- Patricia Cornwell signs world English language rights deal for series with Amazon Publishing
- Amazon imprint signs three-book deal with Fielden