The National Creative Writing Industry Day returns for the fifth year in November with author Sharlene Teo as the keynote speaker.
Held on 1st November at Manchester Metropolitan University, the Comma Press event offers new writers in the north an insight into the industry.
Alongside a speech by Teo, author of Ponti (Picador), there will be workshops and panel discussions on issues including representation in children’s literature.
Teo said: “I am honoured and excited to give the keynote speech for the fifth National Creative Writing Industry Day 2019. I look forward to setting the tone for what promises to be an inspiring and invigorating day full of practical industry insights and networking opportunities.”
The day features one-to-one pitching sessions with literary agents and editors from firms like Kingsford Campbell, Madeleine Milburn, Curtis Brown, Carcanet and Hodder Fiction. The Good Literary Agency will also join the line-up to hear from underrepresented authors.
A full programme will be announced at a later date, with tickets available from 30th August.
- Eley Williams keynotes at National Creative Writing Graduate Fair
- Okojie to open Comma's Creative Writing Conference
- Sharlene Wen-Ning Teo wins inaugural Deborah Rogers Writers’ Award
- Picador acquires Deborah Rogers Award-winning debut in seven-way auction
- Debut author Teo hits back after Ponti review