Five H G Well’s works are being released as "a special audio collection" on Audible on next month featuring the voices of David Tennant, Sophie Okonedo and Hugh Bonneville.
The audio collection “will showcase the author’s most celebrated writing,” the Amazon-owned audiobook company said. The "special audio collection" will be released on 11th April.
Titles in the collection include The War of the Worlds narrated by Tennant, former "Doctor Who" actor, who has lent his voice to numerous other audiobooks including Cressida Cowell’s The Wizard of Once (Hodder Children’s Books). The Invisible Man will be read by actress Okonedo, star of "Hotel Rwanda" while Bonneville, of "Downton Abbey" fame, will narrate The Time Machine.
The Island of Doctor Moreau, narrated by “Harry Potter” actor Jason Isaacs and The First Men in the Moon, featuring the voice of Alexander Vlahos, who has acted in BBC period drama “Versailles”.
- Hugh Bonneville to narrate Peter James' Absolute Proof
- Emma Healey | “The aftermath of the Second World War, when things were in flux, fitted so well with the flux that’s in Maud’s mind”
- First adaptation of HG Wells' The War of the Worlds
- Audible publishes Well of Loneliness as audiobook
- Andrew Scott to narrate Beatrix Potter Collection audiobook