Amazon has blamed a “technical issue” for the buy button on Kindle e-books from the six big publishers disappearing from the US site.
Reports State-side emerged late last night (8th November) that customers were unable to buy Kindle books from HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Hachette, Penguin, Random House or Macmillan.
Amazon recently released a statement saying: “The Kindle Store is experiencing a technical issue. We’re working to correct it.”
The UK store appears unaffected by the problem.
- Amazon apologises for 'technical error' following early US release of The Testaments
- Blink signs Big Issue's 'Letter to My Younger Self' collection
- Bertelsmann acquiring S&S would be 'profound antitrust issue' for the trade, News Corp c.e.o. claims
- Amazon to sell single-issue Marvel comics on Kindle
- Amazon launches UK Kindle store