Third quarter revenues at The Quarto Group remained stable compared to the same period in 2013, totalling $54.5m compared to $54.2m last year. Underlying revenues for the quarter, adjusting for the businesses sold during 2013, were up 5.3%.
Revenues rose 4.8% in the group’s publishing businesses - Quarto International Co-Editions Group, Quarto Publishing UK and Quarto Publishing USA – and were up 13.5% in the Books and Gifts Direct group.
The company said that on the basis of current levels of trading, it is “on track to meet management expectations for the year and deliver both debt reduction and organic growth”.
- Quarto's children's sales grow but profits plunge in 'tough year'
- Scholastic sees third-quarter revenue boost of 4%
- Bertelsmann records improved third-quarter profits
- Welbeck appoints Allan and Quarto's Knowles to lead children's books
- Quarto achieved 'strong' holiday trading ahead of annual results