Independent publisher Stacey International and its imprint Capuchin Classics have launched a new company, Stacey Publishing, with fresh financial backing.
It will be headed by m.d. Patrick Kelly, previously part-time financial director at Stacey International, with company founder Tom Stacey remaining involved in an editorial capacity.
The company's financial backing has come through Keith Young and Struan Simpson. Young is co-founder of internet service provider Easynet, and was awarded the MBE for services to publishing. Simpson is a strategist in cultural heritage.
Kelly said the company will focus on increasing its US presence and "continue the e-books activity which had just begun under the old company, and also look to improve physical rights sales."
The company will remain at its Kensington offices.
- New appointments for Quarto's White Lion Publishing imprint
- Zaffre to publish second Halls novel in February
- Halls' next two books go to Zaffre with TV deal for The Familiars
- IPA’s Kolman talks copyright and freedom to publish in China's Chengdu
- Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness to welcome world's publishers