Simon & Schuster Children’s Books will publish Lu Fraser's next two picture books in 2022, including a new title, One Camel Called Doug, with illustrator Sarah Warburton, plus the sequel to The Littlest Yak with illustrator Kate Hindley.
Helen Mackenzie Smith, picture books publisher, bought world rights in the texts from Mandy Suhr at Miles Stott Children’s Literary Agency in 2019. Warburton’s illustrations were acquired from Hilary Delamere at The Agency and Hindley’s from Jodie Hodges at United Agents. One Camel Called Doug will be published in February and the sequel to The Littlest Yak will follow in September.
Mackenzie Smith said: "Lu Fraser is one of the most exciting new voices in picture books and has the very brightest future ahead of her. Getting to work with Lu, Kate and Sarah on these new books is an absolute joy. They represent everything we most want our picture books here at S&S to be: warm, endearing, child-focused and bursting at the seams with humour and heart."
The Littlest Yak was published in September 2020 and sold over 25,000 copies and has11 foreign editions, the publisher said. It was also illustrated by Hindley.
- S&S Children's launches Stickley and O'Neill picture book partnership
- MCB signs Roald Dahl-winning illustrator Tazzyman
- S&S Children's scoops 'unmissable' debut middle-grade novel by Juckes
- Fraser and Hindley bag Sainsbury's Children's Book of the Year
- S&S signs three-book deal with debut illustrator Adam Beer