Simon and Schuster Children’s Books is bringing forward the publication of Malala, a Brave Girl from Pakistan/Iqbal, a Brave Boy from Pakistan in light of Malala’s recent win of the Nobel Peace Prize, and will publish it next week.
The picture book tells the stories of Malala Yousafzai, who was shot by the Taliban in 2012 for speaking out for girls’ right to education, and Iqbal Masih, another Pakistani child who fought for peace and justice but was shot and killed in 1995.
The book will now be published in hardback on the 6th November 2014 and a paperback edition will follow in spring 2015.
Ingrid Selberg, m.d. of the Children’s Publishing Division, said: “I am so proud to be publishing this extraordinary picture book, which tells the inspirational stories of two amazingly brave young people, which should be shared with children everywhere.”
The Nobel Peace Prize 2014 was awarded jointly to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai "for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education”.
- S&S Children's launches Stickley and O'Neill picture book partnership
- S&S launches Hendra and Linnet picture book series
- Mackenzie Smith made picture books publisher at S&S Children's
- S&S UK Children's celebrates Hendra and Linnet's 10-year publication success
- S&S Children's brings 'Salaam Reads' imprint to UK