Sphere Fiction has acquired two psychological thrillers from debut author Laura Marshall in a six-figure pre-empt.
Lucy Malagoni, editorial director for Sphere Fiction, acquired the UK and Commonwealth rights, including audio, to Friend Request and a second untitled novel from Felicity Blunt at Curtis Brown.
Malagoni, who will publish the first book in 2017, said: “I couldn’t be more thrilled to be welcoming Laura to the Sphere list. Friend Request is one of the most outstanding, compelling and emotionally resonant psychological thrillers I’ve read and I can’t wait to publish it.”
French rights have sold to Fleuve Editions and German rights have sold to Blanvalet in a four-way auction.
Laura Marshall recently graduated from the Curtis Brown Creative writing programme and lives in Kent.
- Crime debut to MJ in six-figure pre-empt
- 'Incredible' scramble to sign Headline editor’s 'uplit' debut ends in six-figure deal
- Sphere wins auction for 'haunting' crime debut in six-figure deal
- Little, Brown signs six-figure deal with debut author Rous
- Agent Copeland signs six-figure debut deal with Puffin