Duckworth Books will publish a new edition of Ann Thwaite's Beyond the Secret Garden—a biography of children's author Frances Hodgson Burnett—with an introduction by Jacqueline Wilson.
Matt Casbourne acquired world English language rights for the biography from Norah Perkins at Curtis Brown, for publication on 6th August 2020.
Beyond the Secret Garden, first published by Tempus in 2007, explores the life of children's author Frances Hodgson Burnett, best known for her book The Secret Garden. Burnett was born in Manchester in 1849, married and divorced twice, crossed the Atlantic 33 times and became the highest paid writer in America. This special, revised, edition will feature a foreword from Jacqueline Wilson.
The acquisition comes ahead of the upcoming film, "The Secret Garden" staring Julie Walters and Colin Firth. The film is scheduled for release on 14th August 2020.
Casbourne said: "I‘ve been hard at work creating a new gorgeous edition with Ann who, at 87-years-old, is full of energy and marketing ideas to support publication of the book. In fact, she’s hard at work marketing a quiz that complements our new edition."
Details on how to enter Thwaite's quiz can be found here.
- Viking to publish 'exhilarating' new le Carré novel in 2019
- Collins' Beyond Entrepreneurship 2.0 goes to Random House Business
- Publishing must ‘wake up to the world beyond the M25’, new report urges
- Sceptre wins three-publisher auction for New Yorker cartoonist's debut
- Fourth Estate to publish Doerr's 'astonishing' new novel