Headline is publishing a "high-concept" thriller by Simon Scarrow, marking a new direction for the historical fiction writer.
Scarrow will this year add a new strand to his writing with Playing with Death, introducing FBI special agent Rose Blake on a race-against-time investigation into a series of brutal, inexplicable deaths. The plot will confront readers with our darkest fears about the modern age, says Headline, while reminding us that the battle with evil is timeless.
Headline secured world rights to the book from Meg Davis from Ki Agency Ltd and will publish on 13th July.
Scarrow wrote Roman army fiction in the Eagles of the Empire series, including Gladiator and Invictus (Headline), which he will continue to write annually with a new hardback in the series coming in autumn 2017. He is also the author of historical thriller Hearts of Stone (Headline) and a series of young adult novels called The Gladiator Series, published by Puffin.
- Three high-concept Hamdy thrillers to Headline
- Headline snaps up high-concept debut The Feed within hours
- Transworld acquires two high-concept thrillers by Marc Elsberg
- Hodder scoops Miller's 'high-concept love story' in pre-empt two-book deal
- Ebury to publish 'high-concept' love story by Rowan Coleman