Sharpe Books will publish Iain Maitland’s Bloomfield & Palmer series, a trilogy of detective novels set in Suffolk in Victorian-Edwardian times.
Richard Foreman, founder, acquired world English language rights to three books from Annette Crossland at A for Authors Agency Ltd. Publication will begin in autumn 2021 with Wickham Market Murder and Southwold Murders and Cobbold Point Murders will follow.
Foreman commented: "Sharpe Books are looking forward to publishing and promoting this new series by Iain Maitland. The Bloomfield & Palmer titles will be suitably gripping — and fun."
Maitland said: "I've long been a fan of proper old-fashioned murder mysteries and the Edwardian era, and the wonderful historical fiction novels from Sharpe Books — signing to write these Bloomfield & Palmer novellas is a win-win-win for me. I can't wait to get stuck into them!"
- Hera Books makes two-book deal with Chaudhuri
- HQ acquires three crime novels from digital author O'Sullivan
- New Macrae Burnet for Saraband
- Karen Maitland | “For me a novel is a case of putting two or three pieces together from very disparate sources. It’s like walking down a path and finding bits of a jigsaw puzzle”
- Bonnier Zaffre signs three debut authors to Memory Lane list