Burley Fisher Books is to host a line-up of writers, publishers and translators including Anthony Anaxagorou and Mona Arshi at a literary event headlined by Elif Shafak and MP Diane Abbott.
The Hackney-based indie bookshop's event, called "BFDay 21", will be held in partnership with nine indie publisher partners: And Other Stories, Cipher, Fitzcarraldo, Granta Poetry, Ignota, Influx, Open Pen, Peninsula, and Serpent’s Tail. It will be held on 16th October from noon at St Peter De Beauvoir Town church in Hackney.
Other guests include Alice Ash, Gary Budden, Thomas Bunstead, Tice Cin, Will Harris, Alice Hattrick, Amber Husain, Juliet Jacques, Daisy Lafarge, Antonia Lloyd-Jones, Frankie Miren, Vanessa Onwuemezi, Holly Pester and Nisha Ramayya.
The day will feature a mixture of workshops and talks, ending with a poetry showcase. The Hackney-based children's press Magic Cat will also offer a free event for younger readers and their families, while novelist Shafak will appear in conversation with Abbott.
It is supported by the Booksellers Association and the Covid Recovery Project, which has enabled Burley Fisher Books to provide BSL interpretation and podcast recordings.
- Shafak, Sanghera and Tóibín to headline MarlboroughLit Fest
- Shafak and Evaristo to headline Manchester Literature Festival
- Poets and Shafak assemble for Manchester Ripples of Hope Festival
- Shafak, Antrobus and Chingonyi shortlisted for 2021 Costas in bumper year of entries
- Burley Fisher launches weekend festival to mark birthday