Michael Rosen, Wonderbly and Macmillan Children’s Books USA are amongst the speakers taking part in this year’s Children’s Media Conference (CMC) in Sheffield.
Rosen is giving the keynote speech at the event and will talk about how to champion creativity and imagination in the face of “data-driven education”. Nick Marsh, head of product at Wonderbly, will talk about which media platform tackles LGBT issues most effectively, and Angus Killick from Macmillan Children’s Books USA, will tell delegates about how to get a book deal.
Greg Childs, the editorial director of the CMC, said around 12% of delegates will be from publishing or related fields.
“The CMC has welcomed authors, agents, publishers and licensing executives from the world of print publishing for many years,” he said. “It’s part of our uniquely inclusive approach. We believe that if you talk to kids’ you should talk to each other - at least for a couple of days a year! It reflects the increasing importance of working across platforms and treating IP as a brand or content project that reaches children in many different ways, on different platforms.”
Other book speakers include Karen Ball, founder of Speckled Pen, and Japhet Asher, digital director of Carlton Books.
This year’s CMC is taking place 3rd-5th July.
- Rosen and Ross to retell A Christmas Carol
- Almond, Rosen and Ness nominated for Astrid Lindgren award
- Pullman and Fickling to speak at The Bookseller Children’s Conference
- Lonely Planet, HarperCollins and Pullman to speak at The Bookseller Children’s Conference
- Peter and Nicola Usborne to speak at Children’s Conference