After a four-way auction, Mantle’s Maria Rejt and Amy Einhorn of Flatiron Books in the US have jointly acquired La Fille Qui Lisait Dans le Metro by Christine Féret-Fleury, from Judith Becqueriaux at Éditions Denoël.
The lists will publish in 2018.
Rejt called the title “a life-affirming novel for our times about the transformative power of literature and the bonds people forge through their mutual love of books. It appeals both to the reader’s heart and soul”.
- Buchanan's 'extraordinary' debut pre-empted by Flatiron and Mantle on partial submission
- Mantle wins auction for Paulson-Ellis début
- Mantle acquires de Gramont's Agatha Christie-inspired novel in six-figure pre-empt
- Pan Macmillan and Orkney Library launch Hurricane Book Club
- Kate Mosse leaves Orion to join Mantle